Covid-19 pandemic impact
As you will be aware the DfE cancelled the collection of primary assessment data in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic and partial closure of schools. However, many LAs and schools have decided that there are benefits to be gained for both pupils and their schools from preparing estimated assessments. These estimated assessments can used to inform reports to parents and in the case of year 6 pupils to inform their chosen secondary school about their attainment. Schools will use the data to report to governors and to inform their school improvement and intervention plans.
KS2 Data Pack
There are no statutory Key Stage 2 frameworks for teacher assessments in reading and maths upon which assessments can be based. Therefore we are advising schools to estimate each pupils outcome in reading, writing and maths based upon the evidence they have available at the point the partial lockdown was introduced. Were they: working below/towards expected; at the expected or above the expected level at that time.
Our Data Pack analysis will use these estimated assessments to provide summarised school, subject and group level performance measures.
The Data Pack includes:
- School performance measures – at expected and above the expected level, split by subject
- Analysis of progress by subject based upon transition table proportions
- Analysis by pupil KS1 start points with national comparisons
- Group focused gap analysis (disadvantaged, gender, EAL, ethnicity and SEND)
- Performance compared to schools with similar levels of FSM/EAL/SEN (based on previous year’s data)
- National ranking on key measures (based on previous year’s national data)
Expert Commentary can be added to this analysis and comes as a separate document so that it can be more easily digested and compared to the Data Pack. It is prepared by data experts with many years’ experience, often as headteachers, Ofsted inspectors or school improvement advisers. All of our experts have an understanding of the assessment process and current inspection expectations.
Provided you send us your data by an agreed date, we can provide you with time slots for the delivery of your Expert Commentary when you send us your data. Dependent on when you send us your data this may be during the summer term or in the summer holidays.
The Expert Commentary includes:
- Commentary on all key schedules, paying particular attention to the key groupings
- A headline performance statement
- Summary of strengths found
- Likely threads of enquiry and highlighted areas for development
The commentary will form an important independent element of your self evaluation documentation, evidencing areas requiring action and inclusion in your school development plan.
- Full data analysis within 5 working days of us receiving accurate pupil data from you.
- Cost effective, saving time in school.
- Independent expert commentary (optional).
To order a report either call 0800 788 0444 or email email@example.com
*Frozen from 2018
|KS2 Summer Report (Data Pack Only)||£99 (usually £150)|
|KS2 Summer Report (Inc Expert Commentary)||£325|
Prices are exclusive of VAT. Group or cluster discounts are available, contact us for more information. Discount of £30 for the purchase of Expert Commentaries for 2 phases or £45 for all 3 (i.e. EYFS, KS1 + KS2).
For the KS2 Data Pack we will need your estimated KS2 assessments (reading, writing and maths) and KS1 start points for all your Y6 pupils, together with their characteristics.
You may send us your data either in a spreadsheet that we provide or by sending us the output you get directly from your school’s tracking system (provided it contains all the data necessary at pupil level but is anonymised).
For Schools Support Limited is a leading provider and trainer for the DfE ASP system.
We are ISO 27001 and Cyber Essential Plus certified and we are registered with the Information Commissioners Office. As part of our order process we will provide you with our Data Sharing Agreement.