For Schools Support Limited (company number 05370771) operates under the brand names Lessons Learned and Phonics Zoom, and its registered office is 20 Waverley Road, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 1JN (referred to here as we, us or our). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), reference Z3232729.
This policy sets out how we may collect and process your personal data depending on the nature of your interactions with us. The policy also provides certain information that is legally required to be provided to you and lists your rights in relation to your personal data. As the controller of your personal data as set out below, we can be contacted at 0800 788 0444 or by email through email@example.com. Andrew Best is our GDPR contact.
This policy relates to personal information that identifies you as a natural person. You may be an existing or potential customer, an individual who responds to our marketing (emails, blogs or through social media) or an individual who has cause to correspond with us on any matter. You may interact with us online, by telephone or by paper or in person, this policy covers all such interactions. Individuals working for or with us as contractors or suppliers have separate privacy requirements and protections in their contracted relationships with us.
Your data is protected by this policy and its implementation but also by Data Protection law (The Data Protection Act 2018, incorporating GDPR). The regulations say we must have a proper reason for using your data, such as:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is a legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it.
This privacy notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
What might we collect?
The categories of personal data about you that we may collect use, store, share (in very limited circumstances) and/or transfer are:
- Individual to you – Your name and contact details, including phone number and email address.
- For your account/profile – Your title, role, organisation and other information which relates to your account/profile on our website(s) or used for our apps/services such as username, password, relevant and necessary account information. This may include details any contact we have had with you, the context and any outcomes.
- Usage data – Your IP address and other usage information (through cookies – see note below) to better understand how our services are being used and to improve your experience of using our website(s) or our apps/services.
- Marketing data – Information you provide about your marketing preferences, such as, information about your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and your communication preferences and interests.
- Sales data – details of apps/services you have purchased from us, in certain circumstances, the method of payment and bank account details.
How is it collected?
- Data you give directly to us in person, through forms online, emails and over the telephone. This might be when you:
- Visit our website and ask for more information
- Complete profile or purchase details through our website(s) or in our apps/services
- Enter into correspondence or a conversation with us on any matter
- Respond to marketing through any medium
- Usage data collected from devices you use to connect to our website(s) and apps/services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies (see note below) and other internet tracking software.
- From third parties, such as
- GDPR compliant service providers (e.g. Mail List and CRM providers)
- Analytics providers (Google, Bing, etc.)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Payment and Technology service partners
- Where data is in public domain.
What do we use the information for?
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you by providing the apps/services you purchased from us.
- To contact you from time to time to inform you of changes to our apps/services, policies or to offer you the opportunity to make use of our apps/services (this requires you to give consent and at any stage you can ask us to stop contacting you by unsubscribing to emails or contacting us by phone or email).
- To improve the apps and services we provide.
- To enhance your experience when using our online presence.
- To complete internal processes such as order fulfilment and financial management.
- To comply with legal obligations placed on us by government.
Who will we share your data with?
- We will not sell, trade, rent or give your information to other third parties.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- to our third-party data processers who may process data on our behalf to enable us to conduct our usual business (these include a range of activities including operating our website(s), maintaining our databases, processing payments and, mailing information services).
- to analytics providers that help us improve our content provision (website(s) and other platforms).
- to legal and regulatory authorities who request your personal data or to report any potential or actual breach of applicable law or regulation
- We store all our data within the UK and at no stage transfer your data to servers held overseas.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to a high level of data security and we use all reasonable endeavours to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures (including utilising technology to combat cybersecurity issues, robust data management techniques, up to date user access protocols) to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us online.
How long will we keep the information for?
- Whilst we provide you with the apps/services you have purchased from us;
- For as long as is necessary for us to remain in contact with you whether in relation to for apps/services provision or for marketing purposes; or
- Until you ask us to remove any information about you from our records (just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions).
Please note that where you unsubscribe or opt out from a marketing communication, we need to keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
Who owns my data?
You do. We will not use your information in any other way or for any period longer than that set out above.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data.
- request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal data or, taking into account the purposes of our processing, to request that incomplete data is completed.
- request, on legitimate grounds as specified in law:
- erasure of your personal data, or
- restriction of processing of your personal data
- object, on legitimate grounds as specified in law, to the processing of your personal data.
- to lodge complaints regarding the processing of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory body. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for how to do this. Our ICO number is Z3232729.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files created by websites/apps/services you visit online. By saving information about your visit, they make your online experience easier as well as providing data to the provider about your usage of the website/apps/services. For example, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content.
How can cookies be removed?
You can remove cookies set by our website/apps/services and/or block the placing of further cookies by changing the browser settings on your computer. For practical guidance on how to do this, please refer to the “help” menu on your browser or visit the following website.